Sunday, March 4, 2018

The Genre

          I was thinking that an Entertainment magazine would be the best thing for me to do. My partner and I both agreed that Entertainment is a big umbrella, large enough for us to make two separate magazine issues with similar ideas that can be modified to entail what we are both passionate about and interested in, whilst still sticking to the genre of the magazine, and the target audience. I am still confused about where to start in terms of creating the magazine and what rules to follow working with a partner. I thought I would start by researching what all great Entertainment magazines should entail, and two things that I consistently saw on the cover and inside of many Entertainment mags such as People, Entertainment Weekly, and US Weekly, was gossip and celebrities, or rather, gossip about celebrities. That's when I decided that I was going to do things differently. I don't want to create a gossip magazine that leaves no impact on the reader. I want to create written art that provides bold statements, facts, ad social commentary that is constructive and necessary.


Image result for entertainment weekly cover beyonce                                                               VS.                                            

Subscribe to US Weekly

Sources:
Top 10 Entertainment Magazines. (n.d.). Retrieved March 04, 2018, from http://www.allyoucanread.com/top-10-entertainment-magazines/

Jeon, H. (n.d.). What is the impact of entertainment and media on perceptions of beauty? Retrieved March 04, 2018, from https://www.statesmanshs.org/911/features/what-is-the-impact-of-entertainment-and-media-on-perceptions-of-beauty/

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Magazine: CULTURE

Here is my magazine.............CULTURE! This has been an amazing journey and I hope you guys love it like I do. ...