Thursday, March 15, 2018

Group Meeting

             Today we had our first group meeting in class to discuss the progression of our portfolio projects. A group meeting is when about 5-6 students sit together and everyone shows their blog and shares ideas for their project to the entire group, and the group gives their critiques and advice to help advance each others' projects. All of the discussions were extremely helpful in pointing out the flaws and strengths of either someone's magazine or movie. When it came to talking about my magazine and blog there were some significant issues that were brought up. Some of which being that, if I did a magazine issue on Black Culture, such a broad and too generalized of a magazine issue,  then our publication Culture would never be able to have an issue on Black culture ever again, only once. Also if I were to do a Black Culture issue and covered how the movie Black Panther covers different aspects of Black culture, it would be best to include a photo of the Black Panther movie that is easily recognizable, however every single photo in my magazine has to be an original photo that I created myself. Also with covering a new culture in every single issue, the target audience for our magazine would constantly be changing, which is not good. My partner, Juan would be creating a Mexican-American issue. The more I think about each issue being aimed towards a new minority group, the more I realize that, this idea is not well thought out, and way too disorganized for what we want, which is a successful publication. I did want to do Black Culture magazine and aim it towards a target audience of mainly Black Americans ages 15-35 but since I am working with a partner, he would have to agree with that idea too, so that his issue could cover another aspect of Black culture, but he doesn't want to do that, which is fair. Today I've experienced a few major setbacks and my partner and I just need to regroup and redesign aspects of our magazines. I'm starting to feel stressed about this project and how it'll turn out. Hopefully conflicting ideas doesn't make this process less of a joy and more of a chore. Positive thinking, strategic thinking, and compromise is what's gonna get me through this project successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Magazine: CULTURE

Here is my magazine.............CULTURE! This has been an amazing journey and I hope you guys love it like I do. ...